Child Care Food Program for Registered and Licensed Home Providers and Legally Exempt Providers
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is open to all registered and licensed home providers and legally exempt providers. Child Care Resource is a proud sponsor of this program, and can help you get started today!
When you enroll in the CACFP, you will have a one-on-one training and receive your own guide book. This guide explains how you can plan balanced and nutritious meals that meet the USDA requirements, and how to claim these meals for reimbursement. Contact us if you would like to get started in this amazing program! It pays to participate!
- Participating programs receive a cash reimbursement toward child care food expenses.
- Child Care Resource’s CACFP staff will administer much of the paperwork associated with the program and train your staff on site.
- You will have access to a library of cookbooks, nutrition curriculum, and general nutrition education materials.
- You will receive delicious recipe ideas and creative activities for use in your program.
- You will receive 3 on-site visits each year from our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Children’s brains develop rapidly during the first 5 years of life. Studies show that
children who are exposed to good nutrition in these formative years:
- Are more likely to develop lifelong healthy eating habits.
- Children who are exposed to a variety of foods are less likely to be “picky eaters.”
- Are less likely to experience frequent illness.
- Learn important social skills by sharing meals with family, friends, and teachers.
- Learn and perform better in school according to many studies.
- Parents benefit!
- Parents view child care programs that offer healthy meals and snacks as providing quality care.
- Busy parents get the convenience of not needing to pack snacks and lunches.
- Parents are assured that their children are eating healthy meals and snacks while they are in your care.
- Many parents view child care programs that offer meals and snack as providing quality care.
- Busy parents do not need to pack snacks and lunches.
- Parents are assured that their children are eating healthy meals and snacks while thay are in your care.
If you are interested in learning more about the CACFP or are interested in joining this amazing program call (802) 863-3367, Ext. 132 or email Anna Graham.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.