Job Openings at CCR
Child Care Resource (CCR) is recruiting a highly organized, motivated and friendly person to provide general administrative support, specifically in the Financial Assistance Program.
CCR is a mission driven organization serving child care providers and families in Chittenden County. We are a small group of dedicated professionals working as a team to provide excellent service to families seeking financial assistance to pay for child care; referrals to programs, and consultation and food assistance funds to child care providers.
We offer a competitive salary, generous paid time off and health benefits. Resume and letter of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25.
Child Care Financial Assistance Program
Supervised By: Director of Financial Assistance Program
Full Time, Non-Exempt position
Assist CCFAP Specialists with casework related to families in need of state assistance with child care tuition by performing a wide range of paperwork and customer support duties. In addition support administrative needs of organization by providing customer service, social media updates, donor support and other duties as required.
Assist Specialists in managing files and corresponding with clients. This may include but is not limited to:
- Using list generated by Specialists, generate and mail review letters and application to families within specified timelines.
- Close out client files when information is past due and enter into BFIS.
- Send letters to families and providers regarding official decisions about the case.
- Keep track of forms needed and order from CDD central office.
- Research returned mail and resend to new address and update database.
- Review subsidy and ARCC applications for completion and return to sender with request for additional information if needed.
- Enter and/or update addresses and household members based upon completed review applications.
- As assigned, track and compile information for a variety of purposes such as measuring client satisfaction, counting walk-ins, etc.
Assist clients including but not limited to:
- Answer and screen calls and e-mails from clients. Respond to basic questions such as application status and requests for forms. Directs to Specialist as appropriate.
- Meet with walk-ins to answer questions and consult with or refer to Specialists as needed.
- Enter notes into BFIS regarding conversations and correspondence as appropriate.
- Enter and/or update certificates for clients changing providers.
- Send requests for documentation to clients based upon Specialist’s calendars.
- Assist families and their prospective providers in understanding the steps necessary to become a ARCC child care provider.
- Explain subsidy process to providers who are interested in working with eligible families.
Other duties including but not limited to:
- Update Facebook and WebPage on a regular basis
- Process all CCR mail in-coming and out-going
- Mail annual fundraising appeals and process donor thank-you letters
- Be available to all staff as appropriate and as schedule allows for administrative duties
Duties may change as needed and other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma plus 2-3 year of relevant office experience. Additional education and experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team.
- Able to take direction and carry out a plan of action.
- Must be able to prioritize, work independently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must maintain confidentiality about clients and their circumstances as well as any information in the State of Vermont BFIS database.
- Demonstrated capacity to deal effectively with clients who are experiencing a broad range of emotions.
- Basic data entry skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be objective and non-judgmental.