Job Openings at CCR
CCR is recruiting a Part-Time Executive Director.
Join a great organization! CCR builds connections between families and childcare providers and we are recruiting a part-time Executive Director responsible for managing all aspects of the organization. Work closely with staff and community partners to increase CCR’s impact and sustainability. Currently 20 hours/week. 7-9 years of management experience is required as is a strong commitment to, and knowledge of CCR’s mission. The Executive Director will be expected to be active in building community, donor and legislative relationships. For a full job description,see below. Send a resume and cover letter to ChildCareResourceED@gmail.com. Applications accepted until January 1, 2019.
Child Care Resource
Executive Director Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Summary: Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the operations, growth and sustainability of Child Care Resource (CCR) including but not limited to financial management, operations, and community partnerships. The executive director is the chief administrative officer and is hired by and reports to the CCR Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will be expected to be active in building community, donor and legislative relations.
Summary of Essential Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing and supervising agency programs, activities, functions and staff; monitor all agency activities and operations; anticipate organizational challenges, identify and implement solutions.
Provide administrative leadership for, and staff support to the Board and its committees, attend Board and committee meetings. Work with the Board to advance the overall mission of CCR and in defining long term goals and short-term objectives.
Play a key leadership role in research, design, development and evaluation efforts related to agency programs, projects and operating systems.
Oversee all aspects of grant program implementation and administration, principally through collaboration with CCR’s program directors.
Direct and oversee all financial management functions of CCR in close collaboration with the Director of Administration and Finance, including:
- CCR’s annual operating budget
- State and federal grants for new and existing programs
- All accounting, cash flow management, and financial reporting policies, procedures and systems
- The investment of agency funds
- External audits
- Long range fiscal planning efforts
Direct and oversee agency fundraising programs and activities, with a focus on expanding funding sources and improving fund raising methods.
Direct all personnel management functions of the agency:
- Administer, oversee, and carry out all aspects of personnel-related policies and procedures
- Recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, recommend pay rates, terminate and perform other formal administrative tasks pertaining to all CCR staff, either directly or through program directors
- Plan and conduct regular staff meetings; oversee/carry out the planning and implementation of staff training and development programs and activities
- Administer/oversee, monitor and evaluate compensation and benefits programs
- Directly supervise program directors; indirectly supervise all agency personnel
Represent CCR and work closely with a broad range of community organizations, government agencies, businesses and individuals in carrying out public relations, information, advocacy, grants management and general administrative functions.
Keep abreast of, interpret and ensure compliance with applicable government statutes and regulations.
Oversee the maintenance of facilities and equipment, ensuring safety and security of employees, clients, and the protection of property.
- Seven – nine years of relevant progressive management experience
- Excellent program and operations planning/evaluation, administrative, organizational, fiscal and personnel management, community relations and general leadership skills
- Ability to represent CCR and deal effectively with a broad range of outside individuals and organizations
- Experience working with a Board of Directors in a nonprofit setting desirable
- Good public speaking/presentation and advocacy skills
- Strong interest in and commitment to the mission and goals of CCR
- Creative thinker, flexible and able to manage a virtual office environment
- Grant writing and fundraising experience